There's nothing like crisp air and a warm bowl of chili!
As the air gets cooler our meals are getting hotter. I am not normally one for chili but Ross loves it! I have been diggin' it for sure and it definitely fits the vibe these days. Some people, like my brother make their chili super spicy. This recipe is zesty to say the least but not spicy so feel free to add whatever you like!!
(Don't eat meat? Just leave out the turkey!)
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans kidney beans
1 can cannellini beans
1 can Tuttorossa crushed tomatoes (large can)
1lb ground turkey
½ Sautéed large onion
3 chopped cloves garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Add a coat of olive oil at the bottom of your pot on a medium setting
2. Sauté your onions and garlic until almost clear
3. Add tomato sauce and all powdered ingredients (if you have a gas stove and are using a Le Creuset you may have to lower)
4. Open, rinse and add your beans to the pot
5. In a separate frying pan cook and season your turkey. Paprika is a good pair for poultry. Cook until it is 90% done
6. Add turkey to the pot with all the goodies, stir and let sit for an additional 10-15 minutes
Serve and enjoy!!
Option to add a garnish.